Here is what it looked like before.
Here is the after
I gave it two coats of Ocean Breeze by Krylon. I have to admit that spray painting is not my strong point. I usually have drips and let's just say, that I get more on the garage floor than I should. Anyway, It went pretty well this time. I took my time with it. I didn't put the 2nd coat on for a couple of hours. I am pretty happy with it.
I looked around for pots, but was unable to find any. So, off to Home Depot I went. I bought cheap terracotta pots. The small ones were $1.24, and the bigger ones were $2.98. I painted them in light grey and then traced on the words. Then I dry brushed them with a dark grey. The pictures do not do them justice. I love them. I have seen similar ones sell for a lot more.
The next stand I found was from the Salvation Army. It was 7 dollars. I don't have a proper before picture cause one of my little ones deleted it off of my phone. I do have a in between picture.
This thing was a hot mess! It must have been used in a wedding or something. It was poorly spray painted yellow. Drips everywhere. They glued these Styrofoam things inside to hold over 100 fake yellow roses. Yucky! Then they glued a bunch of ribbons made out of tule to the base. I could see the potential that it had though. That box on top was perfect for real flowers.
Here is the after.
Most of the work on this bad boy was sanding the drips of paint off. It's still not perfect, but I rarely like things that are!
I am gonna head out this weekend to find more stuff for the backyard. I still need a table and chairs. I also have a really cute umbrella project planned. My bestie comes up with the best ideas sometimes. Her yard is really inspiring. So pretty!