Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Blue and White Desk

Hi Everyone!  I am excited to show you this next project.  This is my first desk.  I have no idea why it took me so long.  I have come across tons of them that were so cheap, but I seemed to always pass them up for an end table or small dresser.  I guess that I get comfortable with what I know.  I found this little Broyhill desk at Goodwill.



I had to do some repairs to this guy.  There was a chunk of wood missing from the side.  It just needed a little wood filler.  I needed  to do four layers to get an even look.

Here is the after.


I learned my lesson from my last table.  When in doubt, PRIME!!!  I primed the whole piece and then mixed together a bunch of whites that I had to make my chalk paint.

My plan was to put a stripe on this desk, but the more I looked at it, the more I wanted it girly.  I put two coats of paint on, and then using dark blue paint, stenciled the drawers. 


I have yet to wax it down.  I still have not decided if I should glaze it or not. What do you think?

 







XOXO
Wendy

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! That stencil is perfect for the drawers and I love that you did it in blue!! I think it looks great just the way you did it. Almost beachy and definitely girly. GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely job! Very darling. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty and definitely girly! Love the way you just stenciled the drawers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where did you get that stencil? Looks super cute.

    ReplyDelete