Thursday, May 9, 2013

Thrifty Finds!

I have a major obsession with milk glass.  I mean MAJOR!  I tried collecting vintage Pyrex, but the second I came upon my first milk glass bowl, it was all over with.  I buy almost every piece that I find.  I might have 10 of the same one, but I still need it!  I found all of these little guys while I was out this weekend.



I found five small bowls, two chili bowls, and I also snagged a little glass cloche.  The cloche was $1.99, and the bowls were all 50 cents or less.  I will just add them to my little collection.






This is where some of my collection lives.  I bought this cabinet many years ago at Kmart.  It is from the Martha Stewart Collection.  I loved it so much, that I bought even though I had nowhere to put it.  It stayed in my garage for 3 years before we had a dining room big enough to house it.  100% of what's inside is 2nd hand.



Have I mentioned before that I have a major crush on old Ball Jars??  Well, I do!  My collection started when my mother in law gave me a couple that she had.  I collected the rest from antique stores.  I think the blue ones make the cutest vases for flowers.





The glass jars that are on top are a mix of old and new. I bought the tile at HomeGoods many years ago.  It was another one of those impulse buys that stayed in the closet for quite some time before I used it. Don't they say that patience is a virtue?

I think with all of the milk glass that I collect, I might need another hutch.  I have two more boxes in the garage full. I only wanted to unpack enough to make my hutch look complete.

XOXO
Wendy

3 comments:

  1. I love the little cloche--perfect for a cupcake!
    I really like the milk glass--I think I may need to start looking out for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love milk glass, too. I have quite a collection with many duplicates. I kinda takes posession of you, doesn't it? Nice finds.

    ReplyDelete