Monday, June 9, 2014

Grey Dresser/Bookcase

Hello everyone!  I hope that you all had a fabulous weekend!  Mine was spent going to Disneyland and having a 6th birthday party for little guy!  Busy, but fun!

I found this bookcase/dresser on FB.  I must have been on right at the right time, because there was a lot people that wanted it.  I was so excited that I scored it!  Someone had spray painted it and didn't do such a good job, so there was a ton of sanding to be done.  I wasn't able to get all of the drip marks off on the spindles, but I just worked with it anyway.

Before

After

I mixed up some homemade chalk paint with a grey that I had.  I have a ridiculous amount of paint that needs to be used.  We just went through our garage, and I have about 3 full cabinets full.  I am going to try to use it before I buy anymore.  We will see how that goes:)

 

I have been holding onto this adorable contact paper that I found.  When I saw this piece, I knew it was perfect for it.





I hope you all have a great week.  We are having a huge community yard sale where I live, so hopefully, I will find some treasures!

XOXO
Wendy

2 comments:

  1. Wendy I'm visiting from the Trash 2 Treasure Party. What pretty contact paper on the back of your bookcase. I love the color you gave this piece - so pretty!
    Marie@The Interior Frugalista

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh pretty! I love the design of the contact paper!

    ReplyDelete