Sunday, August 18, 2013

Letting Go

Today was such a bittersweet day for me.  You see, today I sold the very first thing that I ever painted.  To date, it's still my most favorite piece.  You just may see a dresser, but to me, it's so much more.  It was the beginning of something that I became so passionate about. 

I don't have a picture of the before.  I never in a million years thought that I would document the furniture that I painted. I was just trying to find a hobby.

 The sale kinda happened fast, so I only got to snap a few pictures before the buyer arrived.




When we made the big move, we went from 2500 sqft. to 1500 sqft.  Unfortunatly, we didn't have room for a lot of stuff. There was no place for the dresser to go.  I decided that I would try to put it on the back patio, but it was just getting ruined out there, so I put it on Craig's List.  I got a text that day saying the buyer wanted to look at it.(insert sad face)



 




 
 














The second my dresser left, I had seller's remorse.  I know that it went to a good home, so that made it a lot easier.  I'm just glad that someone else gets to enjoy it!

XOXO
Wendy

3 comments:

  1. It is a lovely piece. I have had seller's remorse a few times but when it comes down to it I remind myself that I just didn't have room for it or in most cases the money the sale generated was very welcomed for other projects or bills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! Your buyer is lucky to have it! I popped over from Inspire Me Please-- thanks for sharing!

    ~Abby =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand how you feel. I used to feel that way but now I switch things out often. It's actually kind of fun now!

    ReplyDelete