Monday, October 21, 2013

Wickedly White

The other day I was looking through my local Craig's List adds.  I came across this gorgeous bedroom set.  To most people it probably looked like an outdated 70's style set.  All I could see I was the detail!  I called as fast as my fingers would allow me to.  I told her that I would take it.

Here is what it looked like before.




 
 





And here is the after!!!!




I really wanted the details to pop, so I went with white.  I used Beach House by Behr.  This piece gave me a lot of trouble.  It needed four coats.  I almost decided to give up and go for a darker color a couple of times, but I figured that I was already in it. 


The hardware was so beautiful.  I just painted it to match the rest.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 






 
 
 








I am so happy with how it turned out.  White furniture is my favorite!  When I first started painting furniture, I tried to paint our espresso colored bedroom set white.  Mr. Sometimes Twice vetoed me right away.  I am kinda glad he did cause knowing what I know now, it would have been a nightmare to cover white!  I hope that you guys have a great day!

XOXO
Wendy

5 comments:

  1. You did an amazing job! They are perfect in white.
    I have not painted so many pieces white because I am afraid to get stuck with either bleed through or having to paint more than 2 coats. That is when I wish I had one of those paint sprayers that all the bloggers just got to review--it would make quick work of a coat of primer then the white paint. But oh well, I really do enjoy hand painting my pieces anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing this transformation. I, too, see this style pop up on CL occasionally and have not been able to visualize a relove! You did a fabulous job...and distressed it in all the right places. Gorgeous! Stopping in from Elizabeth & Co.
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow-amazing!!!! I love all the details-thank you for sharing this makeover...........

    Kristin from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! It's absolutely beautiful! I'm visiting from "Inspire Me Please".. hope you'll stop by sometime!

    -Bonnie @ Revolutionaries
    www.revolutionariesblog.com

    ReplyDelete