Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Cream and Curvy

Hi everyone!  I have finally gotten around to taking some photos of the projects that I have been working on.

I found this little dresser at a local thrift store. She was completely outdated, but oh so curvy!

here is the before.

 
 
 
She was in great condition.  The only thing I had to do was replace one of the drawer slides.  I didn't even sand her down.  I just made sure that I completely cleaned her.
 
Here is the after!
 
 
 
Such a difference a little paint can make. 
 
 
I had a sample of a creamy oops paint.  I was worried it wasn't going to be enough, so I mixed it with some white that I had on hand.  Using homemade chalk paint, I gave her two coats, and then distressed her using 150 grit sandpaper.  I wanted to enhance her curves, so I used a black glaze. 
 
 
 
 
The hardware was perfect, so I painted it to match. 
 
 
 
 
All girls deserve to have a nice skirt!  I love hers!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
XOXO
Wendy

3 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful piece--love the curves and you did a great job showing off how pretty it is!

    ReplyDelete