Friday, November 16, 2012

Grey and Red

I have been obsessing over grey and red lately!  I think it looks so rich and warm!  When I found these little red rose handles, I knew I had to put them with a grey table.  Let's be honest.  Most of my pieces end up being grey anyway.

I did take a before, but two minutes before I was going to post it, my "Little" erased it.  My fault.  I gave her my phone to occupy her while I shopped.  That's what I get!

It started out as a boring brown end table.  It was in perfect condition, so no filling this time!  Yes!  I am the worst at wood filler.  I never seem to get it right.

Here is what it looks like now.





 I wanted a darker grey than I had on hand, so I just added a little black until I reached the color I wanted.  I used two coats of homemade chalk paint.  Then I used 220 grit sandpaper to distress it.  I used a black glaze to give it a little depth, and then a coat of wax.

Here is a close up on the hardware.




XOXO
Wendy

4 comments:

  1. very pretty now love the knobs there awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those are fantastic knobs! Love the distressing....just the perfect amount.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color combination and those knobs are awesome!

    ReplyDelete