Friday, November 16, 2012

Grey and Red

I have been obsessing over grey and red lately!  I think it looks so rich and warm!  When I found these little red rose handles, I knew I had to put them with a grey table.  Let's be honest.  Most of my pieces end up being grey anyway.

I did take a before, but two minutes before I was going to post it, my "Little" erased it.  My fault.  I gave her my phone to occupy her while I shopped.  That's what I get!

It started out as a boring brown end table.  It was in perfect condition, so no filling this time!  Yes!  I am the worst at wood filler.  I never seem to get it right.

Here is what it looks like now.





 I wanted a darker grey than I had on hand, so I just added a little black until I reached the color I wanted.  I used two coats of homemade chalk paint.  Then I used 220 grit sandpaper to distress it.  I used a black glaze to give it a little depth, and then a coat of wax.

Here is a close up on the hardware.




XOXO
Wendy

4 comments:

  1. very pretty now love the knobs there awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome color combo- those knobs are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those are fantastic knobs! Love the distressing....just the perfect amount.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the color combination and those knobs are awesome!

    ReplyDelete