Friday, June 20, 2014

Music To My Eyes

I have had this little desk a while.  I found it at one of the thrift shop that I frequent.  It had some damage to the top, so the price was good.  I didn't exactly know what I wanted to do with it, so it sat while others got their makeovers.  Finally, while I was going through some stuff, I found a bunch of my vintage music sheets.  I knew exactly what I wanted to do:)

 Before

You can see that it is a leather top.  There was a couple of chunks taken out, so I filled it with a couple of layers of putty.  

 After

I painted it with Lincoln's Hat by American Paint Company.  I am really trying to use all of my paint,  I found a stockist who is stocking Vintage Market & Design Furniture Paint.  It is a less expensive chalk paint.  I think I need one of every color!

 Pictures are before the top coat was put on.  I was running out of day light!

I changed out the middle drawer's hardware.  





I wish I had room for it!

I remember not too long ago, I wasn't really into black furniture.  Now it's my go to color!



XOXO
Wendy

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful! Sheet music pieces always catch my eye, and as an APC retailer I love seeing someone using some of the awesome colors. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete