Tuesday, August 13, 2013

From Drab to Fab

Hello furniture friends.  Today, I have yet another end table to show you.  I have had this one a long time.  I actually bought it for one sole purpose.  It had casters on it, and I wanted to use it as a platform for other tables.  It made it easy to turn my projects while painting them.  I paid 5 bucks for it at the local Goodwill.  I kinda forgot about it until I went by side of the house and there it was just sitting there being used as a spider mansion and apparently, a spider labor and delivery unit.  Gross!

Here is the before.

 
 
 
This table was so filthy that it took two cloths to get it clean.  My skin was crawling.  I thought that it was going to need more work than it took. To my surprise, the legs were just a little wobbly.  Nothing that a screwdriver couldn't fix.
 






I don't claim to be a psychic, but I could predict that this table was a bleeder.  I knew that this was going to need at least one coat of primer.  Sure enough, I could see the red coming through the primer.  I gave it another coat just to be safe.  Then, I gave it one coat of a dark grey that I had on hand.  It was an oops by Behr.  This is probably the best paint that I have ever worked with. It gave so much coverage, that I only needed the one coat.  I then distressed it, used a white glaze, and put a coat of wax on it.











 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
I forgot what cute details this little table has.  It's funny how you think that a project is gonna give you trouble and it actually ends up being pretty easy.  I guess, not so funny when it's the other way around...
 
XOXO
Wendy




4 comments:

  1. Quite a difference! I wouldn't have touched that with a 10 foot pole, but it's a good thing you have an eye for fixing ugly :)

    I did similar colours on a coffee table that had seen better days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the white glaze...something I haven't used yet. After seeing this I will be giving it a try! Lovely job.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a change! I just did a table that was superbly ugly and a complete walk-by. I decided to tackle it anyway. Turns out paint truly is magic! (I'll be blogging about it when my computer gets back from the doctor.)

    ReplyDelete