Thursday, August 21, 2014

Tall, Solid, and Shabby

Hi Everyone!  I have been a little quiet lately, but I promise that I have been hard at work!  I am getting ready for my first show.  I have been painting everything in sight.  I have found some really great pieces.

I found this great dresser on one of my FB pages.  I could see that it had major potential, so I had my hubby pick it up for me.

Before

after

After staring at it for a couple of days, I decided that I wanted it to be really shabby.  I first layered it with white, then tan, and then I did a dry brush with black.  I really had no idea what the final outcome would look like, but I just put on some music and let my hands take over.

I love how it turned out!





I have a ton of posts that will be coming up, so stay tuned!

XOXO
Wendy

2 comments:

  1. Looks great! Tempts me to try it myself.

    Thanks for sharing,
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that look. Great job. I may have to try that with one I have here :)

    ReplyDelete