Friday, December 13, 2013

Ombre Dresser

Hi everyone!  I am excited to show you what I have been working on.  This is a dresser from the set that I bought a couple of weeks ago.  I have yet to try an ombre dresser, but you know what they say... "No time like the present!!"

Here is what it looked like before.  Excuse the really bad photo.  It was the only before shot I could find.



Here is the after!!!




I mixed up some homemade chalk paint with Cottage White by Behr.  I gave the body and the first drawer two coats. 



I started out by mixing a sample of aqua that I have on hand with some white.  I painted the bottom drawer and then added more white paint to aqua and I kept going until it got lighter and lighter. 



For some reason the top two drawers look like the same color in the pictures, but I promise that they are not.



I changed out the hardware on the top.  I found these awesome glass knobs at Hobby Lobby.  I have only been once, but I am in love with it.  It's 40 miles away from me, so I will definitely be making trips more often!



I painted the remaining hardware with the same white as the body and then glazed it.  I found a whole bunch of glaze on clearance at Lowes last year.  This one was a white glaze with a pearl like color.  I added black to it. 










I am loving this dresser.  It might be hard to let it go.  I just might end up keeping it for my daughter.  Her big girl room is going to be pink and aqua.  This would be perfect for it!  I'll just put a high price tag on it.  If it sells then fine, but if it doesn't, well, that's fine too!!!!

XOXO
Wendy

7 comments: